Saturday 21 May 2022

Too hot to work


 Too hot to work . Generally overcast but hot .


I had really painful cramp in my leg last night , feel worn out after yesterday's work . I dragged out the tools , stood and looked at the bed I need to prepare for the Courgettes .

I just stood and looked , and looked and looked some more .

I thought I might be able , at least,  to clear the leaves and cardboard mulch that I'd laid down last autumn . Thought I would bag them up , water them with the hose , fork holes in the bags , tie the bags up  and leave them to one side to turn into compost , to use at a later date . 

We had a very mild winter and not much rain . So the mulch did stop the weeds , but did not break down . I expect they have broken down a little bit underneath .  

I simply don't feel like doing it . I have absolutely  no strength left in me today .


So I went up to see what's going on in the greenhouse .


Another beautiful Epiphyllum bloom . I'm in love again ..and the perfume ...heaven .


Tomatoes and Cucumbers are romping away . I found some more canes for the Cucumbers . I'll probably tie up some more strings to support them .


You know how when you are tired , little things upset you ? Sigh ...someone threw the Daubenton perennial Kale onto the bonfire heap ....and I had to climb onto it  to rescue it again .


Gave it a drink .


Found a small temporary space for it . 


Rabbits have eaten my Sunflowers .  


Or maybe slugs .


Yep , I think it's slugs . This one is still hanging on in there !

I didn't think slugs would go for them because their stems are so prickly .

It's o.k I have some more waiting in the wings . I think I will pot them up and grow them on a bit more . Plant them out when they are bigger .  


 My Sweetcorn and Leeks are doing well anyway . 


Calendulas always make me feel happy . 

Hope you are having a great weekend  . 🤍x


No comments:

Post a Comment