Wednesday 18 May 2022

Misty Morning

 

A misty murky sunrise here this morning . There is the eerie sound of the fog horn coming from the Lizard Lighthouse .....also the Cuckoo .

I dreamt rabbits came and ate my new Rosemary plants . I dashed out to check them ...they are fine .

Those are Egyptian Onions .

They have little onion bulbils on top that can be used in cooking , actually you can use the whole plant .

Of course I am growing much nicer and bigger onions and Leeks . The point is these are perennial .

I also have a perennial celery and a huge clump of Daubentons Kale  .Daubentons kale (sorry I couldn't find a pic of that .....ugh ..where's that photo gone ? I'll post one of that later on 🙄 )

Cornish Leeks are in several places about the garden and hedgerow too .



I always hang the hose over the perennial celery ...to make sure it always catches the last drips after watering and as I go back to urn off the water tap . It loves and benefits from more water than other things .


I take the occasional leaf to add to salads and sandwiches .

Cavolo nero black kale is tastier than the perennial kale ...husband says I should take out the perennial things to make more space for other veggies , but I think we should always have something growing in the garden in case of emergency . He asks"what could we use them for ?"  hmmm... soup ...or what about bubble and squeak ! Yum ! We usually have potatoes in the basket in the kitchen .

Mmm ...bubble and squeak ..haven't  had that for a while ...feeling hungry now .


So no sunrise pics this morning but in the greenhouse  I am thrilled to see a couple of Epie blooms .


This is one of  my favourites . Epiphyllum var " Purple Delight "


That's all for now . I'm hurting from digging yesterday , so I'm going to TRY and not do anything in the garden today . 

I try to be "no dig" but sometimes it seems impossible !

So today is going to be a "put my feet up and do some embroidery day !" "Yay !"



  

2 comments:

  1. I love misty May mornings - they are so atmospheric. Have a lovely day. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. It all looks absolutely brilliant. xx

    ReplyDelete