Friday 13 May 2022

Planting out Banana Plant Fail

 

I thought that I had left the hole that I dug out for the banana plant last year .I know that sounds incredibly lazy ,but the idea was that I could just roll it out of the tub and drop it into the hole . 

So today after I had the great idea of planting out the banana plants , I have two of them ....I was a little bit miffed to find that the hole was no longer as I remembered it . 

No problem I thought . Those ferns will be easy to prize out .

I nearly split my sandal as I trod down on the fork ! 

I put my whole body weight onto the fork and pulled it down  and it still would not budge .


Drat !  Took a break , did a bit of a work out to ease out my back . Then came back out and and got stuck in again .

The ground is rock hard , but this time I managed to get out three large fern clumps and a tree !  Hornbeam ....How did that get there in such a short space of time ?  Anyway I will be relocating these into the hedgerow .


I was hoping to get the Banana plant planted out before the sun went down  and before the rain we have been promised arrives , but the ground is so dry and hard and I just have no energy left to do it today .
So I tidied up and will get back to it tomorrow ....in the rain ...apparently ....yay !  
 Yay ! because the water-but is empty . Completely empty now , after I had to tip the whole thing over to get the last of the precious rain water to water the plants in the greenhouse  . 
Come beautiful rain ! Come replenish my water-but , refresh the garden and soften the Earth !
 
Meanwhile up in the greenhouse we may have a problem ......




2 comments:

  1. Your greenhouse is safe the blue lizard only eats cucumbers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh dear .The Cucumbers aren't too far away . I hope they don't jump .

    ReplyDelete