Thursday 12 May 2022

Goodnight and Sweet Dreams


 It has been a beautiful day , tinged with some sadness for the loss of a sweet friend . I went to her funeral . I felt so so sad .

PTSD began to bubble up . It is horrible . Made my self work hard in the garden to try and shake it off .


The bundle of 35litre thick re-usable plastic bag/pots arrived at  last . So now I had no excuse but to get on with clearing a space in the greenhouse and re-potting all the Tomato and Cucumber plants.


Firstly , I had to clear all of the Cacti collection from the bench and put them outside temporarily .


I pulled out everything from underneath the bench and put down two of these trays .


Everything out .


Came across this rock with fossils in . Brought back from one of our Charmouth dinosaur hunting expeditions . It is mostly full of Belemnites as far as I can see ,but I want to drill into it  and see if there is anything else in there .


Opened up the bundle of pot/bags ....They are perfect for me in that I can squeeze three or four of them onto each of the black plastic trays underneath the bench .

Next to fix up the rigging ....so where did I leave the string ?


Remembered I'd used it for the Flora Day display .


Found it !


Wound it through the bench slats .....


...and pulled it up and over the rafters and hooks I'd screwed in above the window frames .


I like to wind the Tomato stems gently around these strings which I find gives good enough support .


Still a couple more things to take out .


Knees were not enjoying all this scrabbling about down here .


I decided to put two in each pot. The thing about these bag pots is I can roll the top down and as the plants grow I can add more compost ( as and when I can afford it ! ) and pull the bag up . The tomato plant will put out new roots from the stem ,making it a stronger plant .


I pulled the fast growing Tomato stems through the bench slats . . . which was a bit scary and I hope I haven't damaged them . 


I made a start potting up the Cucumbers too .


There is a tiny cucumber on this one already !


But I am  too tired at this stage to do anymore .I still have more Cucumbers to pot up and some more Tomatoes in the shed . The compost was very heavy for me to lift . I flipped one over and over and into the greenhouse but need another one . Aching too much . I will do some more tomorrow .

I only have enough strength in me to give them all a drink of water to settle them in . Lifting the watering can just about finished me !


So I got another four more bags ready to start again tomorrow .


The sunset,  every second of it , was as beautiful as this morning's sunrise .


I'll get back to it tomorrow , glad I got that much done . Now looking forward to pamper myself under hot shower and then flop !   Goodnight , sweet dreams  x


No comments:

Post a Comment