Thursday 5 May 2022

Oh ! What a Beautiful Morning ! -The one where I transplant a huge Agave .


 Good morning my lovelies !



Do you remember last year when I went on a mission to pull out all the Ivy that was coming in from my neighbours side , both under and over the fence ?

And do you remember the kind lady up in the village  giving me those big Agaves ?

And do you remember how I planted one, just about here .

WELL ....something happened .  My weeding this bed caused hundreds of Giant Echium seeds that had been lying dormant in the earth , to germinate !


All these from just one , long gone , two years ago I think , Giant Echium !

It is going to be fantastic when this lot begin to flower . The bees are going to be so happy !

                                     Bobbin the Robin 

So , getting back to the Agave .......


Yup , I had to climb in there and dig it out .


Hard work on account of all the rocks I had surrounded it with originally  and I had to be careful of not treading/falling on the thousands of Giant Echium seedlings , a beautiful Melianthus major and a young Monkey Puzzle tree that are also in that bed ...and of course there were one or two blooming annoying brambles and stinging nettles , which I will be going back in for !


I got it planted and arranged some of the rocks around it again . I position them so that the rain runs away from the Agave . The rocks also soak up the warmth of the sun and pulse that warmth out at night . The roots had been struggling to get going in it's original position . Hopefully they will get away better now here .

Not totally happy with the rocks positions yet , but I am seriously aching now , so rearranging of rocks will have to wait .


What do you think ?

No comments:

Post a Comment