Tuesday 10 May 2022

So we went to the park


 I popped it into my pocket , hoping it might bring me a little good luck .


We took the short drive to our local park with a beautiful duck pond . The hedgerows are looking so lush and green now . I love this section of the country lane . It hasn't changed for hundreds of years apart from the metal gate and the tarmac on the lane .  No horrible glaring signs or telegraph poles or lines painted in the middle of the road  . 

 I do belong to a much earlier time .

 I feel at peace here in the dappled shade , with just the sounds of the birds , new born lambs bleating in the fields .


We sat and enjoyed a cup of tea for me and a coffee for him .


Look at this little sweetheart .    I am in love again  🧡 Oh ! My goodness so cute !


And I thought about him all the way home .

1 comment:

  1. The sad thing is the plastic wrapper that the mother coot has picked up from the water and used to make her nest , and I only just noticed this after posting the picture of the little chick . Can you see this ? Just behind the chick....sigh... I wish people would be more careful with their picnic rubbish and take it home with them .

    ReplyDelete