Tuesday 10 May 2022

Meanwhile in the greenhouse


 The Sweetcorn is germinating.....looks pretty much  like all of them  are coming up . I can't eat sweetcorn , but my husband loves them . So I'm growing them for him . 

What I'm looking forward to are the Butternuts..so far only three are up...keeping my fingers crossed because I love a steaming  bowl of Butternut Squash soup on a cold and wild Autumn day .

I'm growing Waltham and Hunter .


The Tomatoes are suddenly going crazy and I wish they'd slow down as I am still waiting for bigger pots to come in the post .


They are flowering too !


I used the last of the precious rain water from the water-but .


We had a very light drizzle of a rain shower early this morning but the clouds are drifting slowly along the mainland of Cornwall and not looking like they are going to come across the Lizard any time soon . It is as if we are on island here on the Lizard .The land the rain forgets ..... A forever sunny island .


I think rain is forecast for tomorrow ...for all day !  Yay ! Hopefully enough to refill my water-but and refresh the seedlings that I,ve planted out .

 Listen I'm not the only one who needs rain  . Our hard working farmers need it too .

The good thing is , that , I think all danger of frost is now gone . 



2 comments:

  1. Our butt's water levels are getting really low, I have everything crossed for rain tomorrow, we have missed all the significant rainfall in the past few weeks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep Poppy ,so far , we're only having light drizzle overnight and this morning .

      Delete