Tuesday 17 May 2022

Rosemary hedge and African Keyhole Vegetable Bed update

 

Under the watchful eye of my little Robin friend , I got straight back to work .


I made some steps by eye to roughly the size of the paving slabs and trod the earth down firmly .

I'm not doing cement as these steps will only be temporary and only me stepping onto them . 

I may even change my mind .


I took up the paving slabs from where the Rosemary hedge will be and sort of "walked" them over to the Keyhole bed . I only had to lift them the last part of the way .


Then I planted the three beautiful Rosemary plants in through the weed membrane . I am thinking about putting gravel or wood chippings around them to look more attractive until they fill out . 

I am so happy to have at last planted my little Rosemary Hedge . It is one of my favourite herbs .

I was interested to see that my plants were grown in West Sussex by John Benfield . They were lovely healthy looking plants so I wanted to give him a mention .


I finished off weeding around the back of the keyhole bed and raked it forward  a little . I will fix chicken wire around this bed and then I think we will be ready to plant out the Butternuts .


I just need to think about where the two Lavenders are going to go  .


But that is all I'm doing today folks !   


No comments:

Post a Comment