Saturday 2 July 2022

Planted out the spares

 

6am up ....6.30 am out and planted out the spare sweetcorn and a few more butternut squash plants into the Keyhole bed . The other ones are beginning to trail about and that is fine but I think they do so much better when they can scrabble and climb up on a frame . 


Found some pig-wire, dragged it over .


Lifted it in and fixed it in amongst the Squash plants .


Difficult to see them , but I pinned it place with these builders rod things . So much better than bamboo canes , expensive  but will last forever .


As I finished , we had an absolute deluge of  beautiful rain , so I didn't have to water them in .

So now we want the sunshine again  🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝


Got to find a space for the remaining leeks and in the shed are lots of Cavolo Nero Kale to go out , I need to find a cloche for the kale .

 and I'm still thinking about those damned nettles ..... damned nettles ! 




No comments:

Post a Comment