Sunday 10 July 2022

Sunflower plant update - Parc Eglos School Project

 


Similar photo of the sunrise as yesterday's , except today's sunrise was at 5.23 am . Three minutes later . 

Once again I am up early to water everything before the temperature sky rockets . It was already 62degrees F.

It's now 2pm and 73degrees F .  I don't understand why , when we have so many emojis, and symbols available to us on the keyboard and computer , why , why , why do they make inserting the "degree" symbol so difficult to do ?   Press ALT then + then 0176  ...my fingers just wont do that grrrr ! 


O.k so I picked a good bowl of courgettes and cucumbers this morning . Very happy !


Paddington came over and enjoyed his tea-party .

I uploaded that one by mistake , because what I wanted to show you was the Sunflower Parc Eglos School Project update .....but we had such a lovely quiet time doing that , so I left it on .

                                    " There's a bud in there Grandma ! "

We have had such fun watching this grow . It is now in a much bigger pot  .


They will be breaking up from School at the end of this week I think . The children have been asked to bring in a photo of themselves with their Sunflowers .
So I,ve printed out one for her to take in to school , but sadly not with a sunny flower on top yet .
We will continue to watch it grow and flower during the school summer holidays .


Then she showed me how fast she can run ! Then we had ice-lollies .


Then to the park  for some real fun on the zip-wire ,before going home . 
 It is so hot right now . I made sure she had her sun hat and sun-cream on and plenty of juice and water . Children naturally  just ask for water when they are thirsty , where as so many of  us adults forget about it . I know I do ,but I am working on that one . We have our water bottles with us at all times and if we are not out and about then they go in the fridge .

Husband is watching the tennis ...I am not ....because it makes me fall asleep . In fact I don't watch much t.v  for the same reason .


So I finish with this pic of the shed . Still packed with things to plant out .
Tomato plants are at either end with dwarf french beans and cavolo nero kale in the middle ...and one or two lettuce plants .


  " Help ! Help ! Let us out ! "   "No ! you have to wait until I've pulled up all the onions and made space for you . I also need to get another net to keep the greenflies , cabbage white butterflies , pigeons and bunnykins off you !  
 So stay cool , be watered and be beautiful and lush in the shed for a little bit longer . "

It's easier for me to water them in there too for the time being . 

Yes I have conversations with my plants . 




  



No comments:

Post a Comment