Thursday 7 July 2022

A Late Sowing

 

I wasn't going to do any gardening today . Except to float about in a pretty dress and admire the roses .

           Note the two broken toes are on the mend and not looking so bruised now .

But then I started going through and sorting out my seed box ,and thought I might as well sow a few more things after all . 


Beetroot , carrots, peas, Runner-beans and French  beans .

I might as well sow them direct now and let them take their chance .

If you don't sow , they won't grow !


And before you know it I'm in there spreading a bag of compost that I found lying around ...


...sowing lots more beans , carrots and beetroots .


Planting out a second lot of baby leeks .

While I was checking to see if there had  been anymore damage to the Runners , there came a terrible sound ....


....you probably can't see them in this picture that I took , but it's a huge swarm of bees that flew over my head . 
 Sorry it's not a brilliant pic , but I had to duck down fast ! Oh ! My goodness that was scary !
  Not sure what the Buzzard made of it ? You can just make them out very faintly , the swarm fills this whole picture and beyond !


The best thing about today was having a beautiful salad from our own garden . Lettuce , cucumber and the little Super Sweet Tomatoes , spring onions , mint and beetroot too . 
Everything is coming ready to pick at the same time  . 
  I'm so happy !
Tomorrow another lot of Courgettes should be ready .
 The weather is getting hotter and hotter as we go into the weekend and set to carry on being hot into next week....for those who love it .
  
The Butternut Squash plants are going to enjoy it and hopefully we'll start to see buds coming on them soon  too .
                Hey ! Come back bees ! We need you !  

                                           🐝🐝🐝
                   





No comments:

Post a Comment