Friday 15 July 2022

Heat wave 72 degrees F


              Too hot for me . Up early to be cool and enjoy the summer flowers .


I watch the bees on the Runner-bean flowers .


I'm happy to see a few beans coming .


Everything is growing away so lush now .


The perennial celery is flowering . I want to save the seeds from this and have it in another area of the veg garden . 


Oh ... everything is so beautiful ....it is so important to go out , look at and love it all !


There is so much to do . I need to prune the grape-vine  ....before it takes over the world .


I might do that this evening ,when it is cooler .

I also need to cut the willow shoots up in the meadow and think about making some wreaths and star decorations .....maybe have another go at making a basket . If not, then cut it up for kindling .


In the solar shed , the Tomatoes are going crazy .  I have pulled up the foil sheet  to show you in between  and under them are the dwarf beans and Cavolo nero kale . It is a bit of a crush but they all look happy , healthy and I keep them well watered . The foil sheet reflects the light for them beautifully . I am very pleased I thought of doing this ..it works ! 

                                       This is nothing , you should see it now !

The problem I have now is that my husband has organised a new Workshop and woodshed  and so we have to clear everything out of there ....and put what we can in here . 

I will still need to be able to get in here to water everything . There is so much stuff . 

I think it will be arriving in three weeks time . Husband always leaves everything till the last moment . 

Anyway , I made a start and have now moved most of my gardening equipment  into this shed . 

I also have to move  hundreds of pots and tubs from around the workshop and I will help to clear out the woodshed of the remaining fire wood...and then I would like to think that I have done my bit .

If only ! 

....and it is too hot for all this  !  72 degrees F  










4 comments:

  1. And due to get hotter - round here, anyway. Time to stay in the shade and be thankful for fans! And reliable power.
    It's all looking great in your garden.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just came in from watering and picking courgettes . I'm not looking forward to it getting hotter 🌞 Yes me too , I'll just be flopped on my bed with my fan on doing my embroidery today 💚

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Hi Andy , Well it is starting to be . I wish I'd sown more lettuce though . It's a bit too warm to get it to germinate now .Hope you're keeping cool . Take care over the next few days ! 🚲

      Delete