Monday 13 June 2022

Secret Garden - Weeding frenzy - part one

 

                                   It all looks so pretty doesn't it ? 

                                          Even from here it doesn't look too bad .


I tried to open the gate , but it is stuck and if I push it , I think it will just fall to bits . 

So , hmm...best thing is if I don't touch it .

I reach over the gate to take a picture . Stinging Nettles and Brambles jungle .

              I can't get in this way .


So I have to climb in from around the back of the summer house . The gate at the back has already fallen apart round there and is lying on the ground .

Those Nettles are as tall as me , 5ft 2" and really romping away !

I made this little garden about 15 years ago . It was to make the most of a very dark and damp corner of the main garden , behind the garage .

I love ferns and this place was just perfect for them . I had quite a collection of ferns in there,  including three tree ferns . Two Dicksonia antarctica  and a Dicksonia squarrosa  .

There are a few other deep shade loving things in there too.....or there were , once upon a time .


Anyway , so , I just threw myself in there  and got on with it .


I filled two recycling boxes with Stinging Nettles and brambles .....


................ and this damned stuff !


This is actually growing through weed membrane .

Husband called me to come on in and have some breakfast .


Climbed out , stumbling through the undergrowth around the back of the Summer house again .


                                          One very happy little helper ! 



No comments:

Post a Comment