Wednesday 29 June 2022

Picking Cucumbers 29 June 2022

 

                  The Cucumbers are very good at playing "Hide and Seek " .

  Moving some of those big round leaves , I found some lovely ones . 

   I am taking them at this stage so they will keep producing more  .   I'll let them get a bit longer towards the end of the season . Maybe even let one go to seed to save for next year . 

I'm not actually sure if I can save this variety " Tasty Burpless " Anyone know ? 

What a horrible name for such a lovely fruit  ! 

They are delicious though . I am quite surprised . I don't usually like supermarket Cucumbers, they taste salty/fishy to me . These that I have grown myself from seed don't taste of anything really , they are just beautiful , juicy and refreshing .

I will definitely grow this variety again and have already made a note of it .


I still have a few spares to plant out .

Yes  ! Alright ! I know I'm supposed to be pulling Nettles ! 

1 comment:

  1. Wow - yours are ahead of mine. They look great. xx

    ReplyDelete