Sunday 5 June 2022

Feeling Poorly


 Not much of a sunrise show this morning .


It feels  humid , with that feeling of the possibility of thunder .


There was only the tiniest glimmer of the Sun as it rose at about 5.15am .

I,m not feeling very well the last couple of days  . A painful sore throat and feeling incredibly tired  .

I took a couple of paracetamol . I don't think it's covid . 

I went upstairs at about 12.30 pm , to just sit back against the pillows on my bed . I thought I would just rest , read a little , do my embroidery .


I,ve been stitching St Edward;s Crown on my calendar wheel embroidery ....which I actually made a mess of by stitching it over the wrong month ....but that's another story see my embroidery blog  Cornish Needlework Basket .

But anyway  , none of that happened because I fell asleep .... for most of the afternoon !

I woke up , came back downstairs to find it was 4.30 pm !  This is so unlike me . I never waste time like this . Horrified ! I think I only woke up because the paracetamol was wearing off .

Anyway ...I,ll tell you about what I did in the vegetable garden a couple of days ago .


I got my Butternut Squash seedlings planted out .  Yay !


Looking like I'm doing heavy digging with that enormous spade , when actually I,m just using it to scoop out  little hollows in which to drop the plants into ,along with a good couple of handfuls of fresh compost .


Usually I take my own photos for my blog which is why I'm not in any of them , but today I had my own personal photographer . lol !

                    Oh please stop it !


So I got them all planted  .


Then spent half an hour trying to open a roll of chicken wire .


Oh ! Goodness me !

Handed it over to my photographer to have a go . 


Another half an hour later .... and t'was done !


He handed it back to me .


To spend another twenty minutes undoing the wires that are holding it all together . Why do they have to make it so difficult !

To cut a long story short .

 We got it all fixed up . 

I was worried there was not going to be enough to all the way around , 10 metres...but it did just about . 


Kernow Weather Team had forecast heavy rain showers over night with the possibility of thunder and strong winds and we could see the clouds gathering as we finished off and put the tools away .


Most of the Butternuts I'm growing this year are Hunter . I have had very good harvests from Hunter over the years . The other one is Waltham .


It has been so hot here and hard work watering everything . I was a bit worried the over-night storms would smash up my Butternut babies , but I needn't have worried . Everything looked beautifully refreshed the next morning .

Oh ! My Goodness ! We had some rain !!! Kernow Weather Team were spot on ! 

Greenhouse update - All is well , hard work watering now .


I'm not enjoying the Tomatoes and Cucumbers being in my greenhouse and I'm not sure if I will grow them in here again next year . 


They are becoming monsters and swamping my cacti !  I need a polytunnel !


 I'm not up to doing anything today .Very ,very sore throat .

 Looking on the bright side , I think the Sun is trying to come out .

Have a beautiful Sunday all !




No comments:

Post a Comment