Saturday 27 May 2023

Up early - Plant out the beans

 

                                                                5am 


First job and the first proper harvest of 2023 - pull out my garlic .


Garlic Germidour which I planted out on the 12 October 2022  - Very happy me ! 


Next to plant out the beans .


They were beginning to climb and get tangled up in the shed . Also the peat free compost that I have been using is really attracting the horrible sciarid flies like I have never been troubled with before .

So I have been really keen to get them out !


It took me a good hour to get a row of Runner-beans and a row of  Climbing French Beans "Blue Lake" planted out  . 

 Before I placed them into the planting hole I also dropped in two or three more bean seeds .



Watered them all in , still nice and early before the sun got too hot .


Hopefully my new Toady family will help keep the slugs away .......


                              ........which just leaves one little problem   🤔


                                     Fix up chicken wire  🐇🐰🐇🌿

                                                          ........and go cook brekkers !  

                          Have a great weekend my lovelies 🌿🦋🐝 xxx 

1 comment:

  1. It's been wonderful weather for little plants, hasn't it? Long may it continue. xx

    ReplyDelete