Wednesday 10 May 2023

Epiphyllum var "Marilyn Monroe" - still waiting

 

Every morning early I am rushing up to my greenhouse to see if Marilyn Monroe has arrived ! 


The bud on this Epiphyllum is growing larger every time I go to look . You are not supposed to move the position of these plants when they are in bud like this , but she has now become so large that there is not enough space for her to fully open her petals .

                      So I have moved her into a more generous space towards the back .


I had planted her as a cutting last year inside a tomato cage for support but as you can see she has escaped . Epiphyllums like to roam wild and free .

E. Marilyn Monroe is supposed to have a large pink flower . I bought this from another Epie fan , Beverly in  Falmouth . Beverly I hope you are well and looking in today💐 . I am so excited to see her open that flower ! Will it be today ? Will it be tomorrow ? 

Watch this space !  🌿💚🌿




No comments:

Post a Comment