Sunday 28 May 2023

Celery and Dwarf French Beans planted out .


 So today, as forecast ,was a very hot 70 degrees F . Once again I was up early to plant out Dwarf French  Beans "Slenderette "and a lovely pink Celery " Blush".


I have planted them all along  in front of the Runner-beans .


Celery "Blush " already has slightly pink flushed stems .

The Runner-beans already have some flowers !

I am watering the vegetable garden with watering cans while we are having a hosepipe ban . I hope we will have some rain soon as my water butts are now empty . Some proper rain will really help these freshly planted beans 'n' celery babies get their roots down .

I am hoping and praying that nothing comes along and damages them this year . The two fat toads are still in there to gobble up the slugs .


Next job will be to plant out the Butternut Squashes . I have put down some chicken pellets and sorted out the chicken wire and rods ready to put around this bed and a couple of paving slabs to make it easier for me to step in to attend to the plants . 

Tomorrow , I will fix up a pig-wire frame for them to climb over ....sometimes they climb ...sometimes they don't . The variety that I am growing is Hunter . I get good results from it .  I have been bringing them on in pots in the shed . I want to see the roots coming out of the bottom of the flower pots  before I plant them out  . However I did give my neighbour a couple , which he planted straight out ...and they look very happy ! 

I have hospital on Tuesday , which I am all anxious about and won't be able to do very much while I'm feeling like this  , so I think that maybe I'll plant them out on Wednesday .

We go on a picnic every day ...today we drove over to Falmouth and I took a pleasant walk along the sea front .  


 ...........but it's late and I'm off to bed now . I'll show you more tomorrow !

                              Sweet dreams x

4 comments:

  1. I have half a water butt left out of three, so praying for rain soon, preferably over night.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Poppy 💐🌿I am hoping it will come soon , every now and then a cloud or two bubble up , so I'm keeping my fingers crossed . You are good having three water butts fixed up 😊🌿🐝🦋🐝🐝

      Delete
  2. I hope that the appointment goes well. Flowers on runner beans already!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sue 💐, It went well . I have a big bunch of cotton wool tapped on to my arm just for a little while , now waiting for someone to ring and say " all clear ! " Anyway ...... 🦋 Yes , those flowers on the Runner beans - do you think I should take these low down first ones off ? Hope the sun is shining with you ☀️🌿🐝🐝

      Delete