Wednesday 10 May 2023

Second Musa Ensete maurelii - The Red Banana planted out 🌿

 

It's been quite a nice day today weather wise .  I got a load of washing dry on the line before the hit and miss  showers came along .


We have more heavy and thundery showers coming tomorrow , so I thought I'd take the opportunity to get the other banana plant in the ground . 

This qualifies as "no dig " since after pulling it out of the ground  at the end of last Autumn ,I put a large empty tub in the hole to keep it open and ready for me to easily re-plant the banana in the Spring .


O.k. I did widen it a little bit with the shovel as some of the earth had fallen in around the edges .


But I didn't have to do too much and the banana plant slipped out of the tub quite easily and dropped in place with out any damage . 


Very relieved , because this year my two plants are not in such good condition as they usually are after being in a shed with a leaking roof . They would normally have three or four good leaves . 

I won't cut off the dead leaves until it has settled in .

Hopefully now with the rain that is coming tomorrow , it will soon perk up  . 

My daughter gave me a beautiful Canna , which I may plant slightly to one side of it , but that's all I'm doing today. I really have to pace myself .

Epiphyllum var. "Marilyn Monroe" - today's last update before bed time --- will it be pink ? will it be white ?


                           One petal has begun to open .....oh no..... grr.....slug nibble !

                                       See you tomorrow morning  😊🌿 x




No comments:

Post a Comment