Wednesday 31 May 2023

Feeling blue


 Feeling really low today . Did a bit of polishing .


Picked some flowers from the garden .


       A lovely antique mirror that I'd bought arrived smashed  . Sigh .

It had been so beautifully packed with lots of bubble-wrap  in a wooden crate .

There was a big dent in the wooden crate as if it had been struck with a axe . 

To cut a long story short , both my good seller and I received a full refund .

.....and I am now wondering how expensive it might be to replace the bevelled mirror and where might I go to have this done .....I really have no idea  .


So that is also on the table waiting to be fixed .

Also as you can see , my camera is still playing up  . 


It is going to be a week of trying to fix things . See the pretty statue in the background ?


Well , it's been packed away in a box under the stairs for years . My husband bought it years ago in a market in Quito Ecuador  . 

It was placed on top of a chest of drawers in our bedroom .

Because I wasn't with him when he bought it and because of other things that happened around that time , I didn't really have any loving feelings towards it  and then also while he was away , I got a beautiful rescue dog golden retriever . The biggest and most handsome boy  you ever did see ! 

Anyway ,the first thing he did when I brought him home to our little cottage , was to do this thing that dogs do .....he dashed about casing the joint , into every room sniffing and quickly learning where everything in his new home was . He ran thundering upstairs , bumping the chest of drawers and knocking over the statue as he continued on his way  .

Beautiful  , handsome boy , my best friend ....long gone but forever in my heart .

Statue went into a box .....cupboard under the stairs .

Anyway many years have passed and as I am clearing out stuff ,as we all collect over the years  , I find myself to be a different person to who I was back then  ...... well , in some ways  .

So I came across it the other day and took it out . It is now also on the table waiting to be fixed . I have some super glue .

  I couldn't fix it back then because we lived in a little cottage in the middle of Salisbury Plain not far from Stonehenge . If there was even such a thing as super glue back then , the one tiny post office /shop in our hamlet would not have stocked such a thing ...and there was no such thing as computers or shopping on-line .

                                               Chasing off the Red Kites

Meanwhile , back  outside ....one of our Raven chicks was found fallen from the nest up in the big pine tree . They have been working so hard back and forth feeding and guarding the nest .

I'm not sure if there are any other chicks in the nest . We are watching and  listening ...but I think it might have been just that one little chick .....I think it was seagulls that tried to get the poor thing ... but we have also been seeing a pair of Red Kites scouting about and yesterday there were four of them .

Beautiful birds , sadly my flaming camera refused to zoom in on them . 




Tired , from things going on in my life and not having a best friend to hug , feeling blue .

It's cloudy this morning so I don't  have to dash about watering so early . Yesterday the sun shone but there was a bitterly cold breeze coming from the East .

Yep , I have to try and turn all this around , starting with that statue .

                                                        🤍🕊️🤍





No comments:

Post a Comment