Saturday 13 May 2023

Tomatoes and Cucumbers


 So today I am continuing to fix up some rigging to support my cucumber and tomato plants .

         They are beginning to push up through the greenhouse bench  !


          Flowering already , it's wonderful and soon we will be eating our own tomatoes again  .

The cucumbers are beginning to scrabble about and I'm watching for snails . 

There are a couple of flowers on these already . I think you're supposed to take off the first flowers - need to check up on that . In any case I now need to top up the bags with some more fresh compost . 

This year I am going to encourage the cucumbers to grow along the rafters of the greenhouse .

There's not a lot of space in here and the cucumbers and tomatoes have to share the space with the cacti and succulent collection . I have shoved all the cacti up along the greenhouse bench as best as I can .

I'm just thinking ....I have still got to make space for the sweet peppers ..oh! I'll squeeze them all in somehow !  Thinking .....could they grow in hanging baskets ? 

This year I have put all the tomatoes and cucumbers closer to the greenhouse door for ease of watering and harvesting and still be able to enjoy all my other plants .

I need a greenhouse twice the size ! lol !

Before I go , I just want to say thankyou to my friends Helen and Alice for these lovely flowers !


Oh ! My goodness ! They are beautiful and the Lilies smell wonderful ! Thankyou ever so much ! 

  Have a lovely day everyone ..it's gonna be a scorcher !  😎🌞☀️ Take care !  xxx

2 comments:

  1. Some of my cacti are really looking sad, the winter in a cold greenhouse was not for them, I have started sorting and will choose just a few for me to keep, I need the space.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Poppy 💐 Yes I was caught out with the couple of days cold snap we had here over the winter too . We had gone away for a few days and I had not covered them . So I too have been having a clear out and pruning things back . Let me know if you'd like a cutting off my Epie and I'll send you a piece . Just stick it into a pot of compost , they soon get roots . 💗🌿🌞

    ReplyDelete