Monday 8 May 2023

Dahlias and just one of the two Bananas planted out .


 I thought it wouldn't be too difficult a job getting the Dahlias and the two Banana plants planted out .

I wheeled them down in the wheelbarrow from our porch .


I carried a paving slab down from the other side of the garden to use as a place to stand while planting the dahlias .  

While I was there I decided to re-do the garden seat base again that my husband was complaining about made him feel sea sick . He helped me lift the garden seat off but left me to shift the four paving slabs .

I peeled back the weed membrane and dug out the earth that I had previously taken away too much from the front . Then I lifted the paving slabs back in place and he helped me lift the garden seat back in place . The paving slabs are ugly and will be covered with a ton of gravel which hopefully will be coming soon .

It is now nice and level , but no-one must sit on it until the earth has dried out and set hard like the rest of the gravel bed .

I then planted six of the Dahlias  and decided to put the others back in the front porch .


Happy with that , but now only enough strength left to plant out the two banana plants . 


So I dragged one of them out and lifted it into the wheelbarrow . Lifted it out of the wheelbarrow and heaved it up this steep bank .


I had to get it out of the pot without damaging it's leaves . So I had to sort of turn it slightly upside down , briefly holding the whole plant and all the earth in my arms , before dropping it as carefully as I could into the hole that I had already dug a few weeks ago , but still did need to widen it a bit more . 

At this point I began to feel sick and giddy and quickly pushed the earth around it and called to my husband to help me get down off the wall at the bottom of the steep bank .

I can't remember much more , he helped me indoors and to lie on the sofa for a while , my back , knees and arms aching badly . I think I did too many " lifting things "

I drank some water and felt so sick. It must have been about 1pm . I was helped up the stairs to bed , where I then slept and the next thing I knew it was 10.30 pm . 

10.30pm !!

I didn't think I would get a very good night sleep after that but the sound of rain on the windows always helps me to fall asleep and thankfully we had heavy showers all night long . 

Today --  just feeling totally washed out ! 

So there we are ! No idea what that was all about ....I think I just over did things in the garden yesterday. Managed a little of my homemade vegetable soup with chicken . Made me feel a bit more normal again . As much as ever I can be !

The rain was very welcome to water in all the Dahlias and banana and also all the seeds that I have been sowing up in my vegetable garden .

Here's a little bit more red ,white and blue for you !




                                                         love Debbie x



2 comments:

  1. Once we get into the garden we think we are super strong and just keep going, sorting that one last thing, then another, I hope you get your energy levels back soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Poppy 💐Yes and there is so much I want to do and I like to keep ahead of it all . Can't stand falling behind . I must pace myself !

      Delete