Monday 11 March 2024

Cactus re-potting 🌵


 Today I took my dreaming Buddha from his temporary home in the porch and carried him up to his place in the new greenhouse .

Instantly the atmosphere became peaceful , warm and comforting  . 

                   I love this place so much 💗🙏🏻🕊️


So time to make a start bringing the plants back into the new greenhouse .


First to bring in the  biggest and most dangerous of my Cacti . These , for safety reasons , have go into the furthest corner of the greenhouse .

These haven't been re-potted for at least fifteen years . Now would be a good time to do it . 


I had to cut the plastic pots apart from these pot bound beasts !  


    Thankfully cactus roots don't have spines ! It would be impossible if they did !


  I managed to drop it into it's next size up pot and lashed it to a couple of canes .


                 This , the biggest , fiercest and oldest Opuntia was a bit more difficult .
I had to cut the pot and find a heavier pot that would not fall over with the weight of the Opuntia . It had grown out sideways ,meanwhile another Opuntia that was in another pot next to it had leant over and taken root in with it . It was the strong roothold from the invading smaller Opuntia that was keeping the big Opuntia from falling over . Are you still with me ?


 So I found this beautiful , really heavy terracotta pot and it was all going so well ......


                          ............ only it didn't fit !


So I ended up bunging it into a horrible ugly big plastic tub and it served it right for slapping me across my cheek in the process . I'm o.k. miraculously no spines got me . 
 So here they all are after hauling them into their corner at the back of the greenhouse . 
Everybody happy and peaceful again !
They all got some fresh compost and when the roots have had some time to settle  I'll water them with some good rain water .......that's when the water-butt is fixed up again . 

                                                 Happy and peaceful  .
  🌵   That is all I can handle today . 
Tomorrow I'l begin bringing in the Epies .  🌿🌿🌿

                                             🌿💚🌿  


I sow the seeds of faith . The good actions that I perform are the rain that waters the seeds . Buddha 🌿


4 comments:

  1. I use an old pair of kitchen tongs with my nasties, can't wait to see it all done and tidy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol ! Poppy ! I doubt it will ever be tidy ! 🌿🌵 Good tip though about the kitchen tongs . 🌵🌵🌵They are useful for the small cacti and I have often seen them using them at British Cactus Society shows . 🌵🌿

      Delete
  2. You desrve danger money.

    ReplyDelete