Sunday 10 March 2024

A Quick Greenhouse Update - Mothering Sunday

 

🌿This little update is mainly for my dad and my botanically insane brother !🌿

 The right hand side is for the sun loving cacti , although they will all be shoved up to the far end whilst the tomatoes are in action , growing up through the bench and trained up strings to the roof .

 Trip to B&Q Penryn , where we got a good deal on three and one split bag of Verve multi-purpose compost , thanks Phil ....and thanks to big strong man who helped us get it all into the back of our car .

It nearly killed me getting it out of the car and flipping it over and over and over and into the greenhouse , but there , tis done !  It can warm up in the warmth of the greenhouse ready for my Tomato and Sweet Pepper babies . 

 Outside I must remember to put a couple of large tubs to prevent the door swinging open and smashing the glass window . Although this shouldn't happen , as the gentlemen from Truro Portable Buildings very cleverly fixed a block of wood at the bottom behind the door to prevent this from happening . 

So I got the hooks and shade netting up . With care to remember to fix up the storm netting across the door so I can close the door and refasten it before actually stepping into the greenhouse .

This was a tip I learned from my brother ......I think I've done it correctly ?


The left hand side is for all my Epiphyllums and the shade loving plants .

The trellis , I found washed up on a local beach years ago ,it is perfect for tying in and supporting  the scrabbling Epies . Behind it I have put one of those foil car windscreen sheilds to keep the warmth in just  for a few more weeks . 


I haven't needed the candle lantern much this winter but it stays under the bench in readiness for the odd cold spell .


And a couple of hooks for scissors and string ( lovely tarred string , because it smells so nice 🥰 !! )

And dust pan and brush .

That heap behind , is the old greenhouse ! 


I have a roll of bubbly foil insulation stuff that I unroll out along the rafters , but hopefully I won't need that now ; but it is waiting in the wings just in case ! I fixed up two more hooks for that .You should be proud of me dad !  

Tomorrow I will make a start bringing back all the plants .

 I had a lovely Mothering Sunday with flowers and chocolates and hugs from the grandchildren . 

I hope mum liked the pretty blouse I bought for her and that she had a lovely day too .Give her a hug from me 💗x

So I'm spending the rest of the day stitching , tell mum I'm stitching another Angel  , it's a Seraphim .



                    All my love Deborah x   🌿🕊️🌿



1 comment: