Thursday 21 March 2024

Aeonium arboreum var. atropurpureum "Schwarzkopf "

 

 A very kind lady in the village was offering free Aeonium cuttings to anyone who'd like them .🤩Oh ! you bet ! Wow !

 It was quite late in the evening , she said bring a carrier bag and torch . We jumped into the car and got over there as fast as we could . I wasn't sure which variety of Aeoniums these were going to be , but delighted to see that they are  Aeonium arboreum var. atropurpureum "Schwarzkopf " ..yep....the beautiful black ones ! 

I took some for my daughter who has caught the gardening bug . Also took some for my next door neighbour .

                                       Feeling very thankful .

                                           Everybody happy ! 😀


I have just been potting them all up , and using the compost from the veg trug which will make it easier to lift when we come to move it . The compost really needs to be changed anyway , but will be o.k. for these cuttings I think .


I got them all potted up. I found some nice deep pots to give them a good chance to make lots of good strong roots . I have been re-using all my plastic pots for years .

 
                                                 All done .

Look at all those lovely new shoots !

There is talk of another cold snap   .
🌿They'll be o.k.🌿
I have put them all into the greenhouse to give them a good start .

 I managed to get a lot of washing dry on the line today and cut the grass pathways in the labyrinth .

I have some fleece ready in case it gets really cold .

🌿💛🌿 











No comments:

Post a Comment