Saturday 9 March 2024

Cutting back the Dogwoods

 

I was going to have a more restful day after all the gardening that I did yesterday , but one job had to be attended to and I really should have done it last month .

All through the cold Winter months , we enjoy the lovely red stems of the Dogwoods - Cornus alba siberica , but I like to cut them back fairly hard so that they will produce lots more straight shoots to enjoy next Winter .


I bundle these up for flower arranging .🌿  Ooh ! ..sweet little Primrose !



So with that little job done , and it is beginning to rain again , I'll wash my muddy boots in the puddle and call it a day .

I want to have a restful afternoon with my needle and thread  .


 

                                                     🌿💚🌿


2 comments:

  1. We only have a couple of dogwoods a red stemmed and a yellow stemmed but the red ine isn't growing too well so I only had one tp cut back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I only have 2 dogwood in my small garden they do add much needed colour in the winter months, I love to beat the rain with a few little jobs outside.

    ReplyDelete