Friday 8 March 2024

So much to do !!

 


So much to do and I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed  right now . I have to get all the plants back into the new greenhouse , but can't do that until the benches are put in the right places and the trellis and the shade netting put up on the north facing window . I am trying to gather everything I need to get this done ..I need to buy brass hooks and a sharp pointy thing (bradawl ? ) A big hook and an S - hook to hang the lantern on . I need to buy more hooks for the windbreak netting over the door . Shelf things...brackets ?..to hold my lovely long piece of drift wood . One of the side windows is in a different place to where it was before , right where the driftwood used to be , but it's o.k. I just need to reconsider , review the situation .... change things around , work it out again .

              I am so in love with my new greenhouse and feeling so grateful !

 

                                       🌿💚🌿  New greenhouse 🌿💚🌿

The tomato seedlings need potting up into next size pots . The tomato plant bag/pots need to be filled with compost and put onto their trays in the greenhouse , for the compost to warm up .

Need to buy compost .

🌿🌵💚🌵🌿And then all my Epies and all the cacti will be brought back in . And they all need refreshing in various ways , fresh compost , re-labelling ,  pruning , tying in , talking to etc 🌵🌿🌵🌿💚

Anyway .........

I still need to clear away the woodchip pile....and I am slowly but surely getting there with that . 


I spent the morning weeding out Ivy and stinging nettles from our little bit by the side gate . The Ivy was growing in a heap over that gate post . I pulled it all carefully away . I say carefully because underneath was the most beautiful moss .

 I then shovelled woodchips from the pile for about half an hour and wheeled it down from the veg garden to spread in between the primroses and lovely ferns .


                  The ferns are still sleeping , I tidied away their dead leaves .


Look at the beautiful orange moss on the fence . We have had so much rain and the lichens and mosses are looking so vibrant for it .

                                Beautiful moss on the wall and teeny tiny ferns .

It is a beautiful time right now as one season slips into the next .


Little flashes of summer....


Yet still today the cold wind is blowing from the East .... but dry enough to cut the grass . I wrapped up warm and kicked the lawn-mower into action . 


I managed to cut the labyrinth pathways and it is beginning to look in better shape .

New shoots and buds are coming on my roses . I need to cut away the Winter hips .

The Gunnera manicata is stirring from it's Winter slumber .

Hands stinging from bramble scratches and nettle stings ..........


                             aaaaaah ..............time for a nice cuppatea !

                                                                🌿💚🌿


2 comments:

  1. WOW ! 🤩 Amazing pics! I’m excited for you! Your new green house look fabulous and I can’t wait to see all your shelving, hangings and decorations coming together! 🪴🪴🪴🪴🪴🪴🪴🪴🪴🪴🪴🪴

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do love this time of year, you have so much to do outside as the days grow longer and warmer, pace yourself, it's never a race.

    ReplyDelete