Saturday 24 September 2022

My Butternut Squash Harvest

 

Well , what a very sad week it has been  , with saying good-bye to H.M.Queen Elizabeth just a few days ago . I have no words , it was all so very , very sad .

Sending my thoughts and prayers of comfort to all of her family . Especially to our new King Charles who must be feeling pretty anxious about the enormity of his new role . 

Hey ! Charles , you'll be fine !  ( Use a biro ! )

Also , make sure you have some time to yourself . Put your scruffy clothes on , pull on your wellies and get out into your lovely garden  and see what's going on . Let Autumn enfold you in her arms . Relax and be comforted .

What is going on in the vegetable garden ? 

Well , we were forecast some rain and then that it might turn very cold . So I decided to harvest all my Butternut Squashes . 


This year I grew the varieties Waltham and Hunter . They did very well on my African Keyhole Veg bed . I harvested 21 Butternuts altogether . 

                                     Hunter Butternuts

I brought in the largest ones to give them their two day curing on my kitchen dresser . They will all then be put up on a shelf in the shed to store over the Winter months .

As they ripen up , the skin toughens and the flavour improves .

 Feeling blessed 🧡




No comments:

Post a Comment