Sunday 4 September 2022

Early September Courgette update part 2


 So I chose two of the courgette plants from the "courgette enclosure " in the vegetable garden .


Carefully dug them up with as much of their roots and good earth around them  ....


....and potted them up into a couple of the old tomato pot /bags , using the spent compost the tomatoes had grown in , plus a couple of handfuls of fresh compost to give them a bit of a kick up the backside .


I watered them in and they look happy enough on the shed bench  at the moment .


I thought I'd try another one in the greenhouse  , so I went out and dug up another one .


It is much warmer in the greenhouse . I'll keep an eye on the other two in the shed and maybe move them in here later on .

 There are lots of baby courgettes coming on this plant . Hope the shock of transplanting them doesn't make them drop off !


Above the greenhouse bench I noticed a snail had eaten one of the Dwarf French Bean seedlings .

I had a good scout about and found two enormous snails .  They are now out in the hedgerow somewhere .


The Sweet Peppers are still doing fine ......still green .


All my seeds are germinating !


Well , three Pak Choi (hopefully more to come) , lots of Dill and er...Little Gem Lettuces I think .


Tons of Spinach  !


Coriander ....I'm so happy !  I love Coriander ! 


Mixed varieties of Lettuce .....not from a mixed packet but  from several of my favourite lettuce varieties  . I will pot them up into larger pots again soon .

Then in for a nice cuppa ..........


....... coconut water ! 

My daughter says I need to drink coconut water to replace my electrolytes  after working in the garden ..... electrolytes....no ...I've no idea either ! lol ! 

Very refreshing though !

4 comments:

  1. I've never thought of potting up courgette plants. I'll be interested to see how things work out., I love coriander too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The problem will be the shorter daylight hours and also I will have to hand pollenate the flowers . I'll be watching for male and female flowers . I'm thinking not so many bees !🐝🐝🐝The greenhouse windows are open during the day and if the sun comes out it can get quite hot in there and I also fasten the door back . Lashing down with rain at the moment 🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝

      Delete
  2. Fingers crossed for the courgettes - a really good idea there. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes , I thought so , even if I only get one or two it will be worth it .As I just said to Sue , I will probably have to hand pollenate .🐝🐝🐝I think the bees have gone back to their hive ! It is raining so hard here ! 🌧🌧🌧

      Delete