Friday 9 September 2022

The Queen has Passed Away - 8 September 2022

 

             The Union Jack flying at half mast today at Breage Church 

The Queen has died . A very sad day ....

.......and now the nation is remembering her life and everything that she was .

Queen Elizabeth the second .

She was a truly wonderful Queen .

Indeed we just celebrated her Platinum Jubilee back in June . 70 years on the throne  and 96 years of age .

Serving her country even up until just the day before her passing , meeting and shaking hands with our new Prime Minister .

At the moment I have no words .

What happens now ?

 We await news of the Royal Funeral , which will no doubt follow much historical protocol and I hope very much about a celebration of her life .

Already straight away on her passing ,Charles , as her eldest son , has become her successor .

 She will be very sadly missed .

Sending my thoughts and prayers to all her family  🕊

The Union Jack flag flying at half mast at St Michael's Mount , Marazion today .

2 comments:

  1. I can't get my head around there now being a king.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Neither can I Sue ! I guess there will be new stamps and new coins with King Charles on .

      Delete