Sunday 4 September 2022

Early September - Courgettes update - feeling the cold !


 We had some welcome rain last night and then it cleared , leaving us with a slight chill in the air .


I noticed that the Courgettes although refreshed by the rain , do not like the cold . The outer leaves have turned yellowy . I will take them off .


They are still producing fruit though .


I gathered some for the kitchen today .
Kale , courgettes and a nice cob of sweetcorn for my man who loves them .


I planted 8 Courgette plants . They did really well until the extreme heatwave slowed them down .
They are picking up again in production , warm by day , but we are up against chilly nights now .
    I'm wondering if I could dig a couple of them up and keep them going in the shed or in the greenhouse ?
  Worth a try ...nothing to lose !
Time for breakfast !   
           Make it a great day all !



No comments:

Post a Comment