Tuesday 27 September 2022

Growing Dwarf French Beans over Autumn under cover - update


 Walking past the greenhouse this morning I spied a tiny purple bean flower through the window !


I went in to investigate and yes , there are lots of buds . I hope they can make it before the serious  Winter weather arrives . 

It is definitely turning cooler here now and the day light hours are getting shorter .

This is only a little experiment . I wouldn't want to buy in more compost or put them into larger pots in my little greenhouse and , by the way , I used the spent compost from my tomato plants . I am thinking that this would really work best if I had a polytunnel and planted lots of them into the ground . Then I could get a more respectable and worthwhile harvest . 

Anyway you never know , we might get a few .


Started bringing in hanging baskets and pelargoniums . This one from my kitchen window . I planted it up with succulents and a couple of pelargoniums . So they can just continue to grow through the Winter and I'll put it out again next Spring . 



No comments:

Post a Comment