Friday 16 September 2022

Growing Dwarf French Beans in the greenhouse over Autumn experiment- update

 

                       I think I can see flower buds !


           Yes , I'm sure that is a flower bud !


Today the wind has changed direction and is now coming  from the North . It was definitely cooler over night . 

The beans are still looking good and romping away . I fixed up some more strings for them to scrabble over .

I hope there will still be time to get a small harvest from these .


Today the priority was to cut down the branches that were over hanging the garage and summer house roof .

Glad to have got this done before the storm that they are now talking about comes in next week sometime . It might not happen , but they are keeping an eye on it .

It was a lovely sunny afternoon though. Blue sky . It's going to be cold tonight .

I got the branches cut down and processed up for next years beanpoles and kindling .


I decided to bring in my Gasteria collection . They've enjoyed a wonderful holiday outside this summer , but will not like being outside now the nights are turning cooler . 


There is not much room in the porch since I had to bring in all the split logs from the old woodshed because we were having a new log store built . I,ve had to put them onto a table , which I hope will take their weight !


The Aspidistras are back in their shady corner of the porch too .


They did not enjoy the heatwave . I left them in too sunny a place outside and I lost quite a few of their leaves . They've had some rain now and are coming back thank-goodness . I can see some lovely new leaves .


Everybody happy to be back in the cosy warm porch  ! 


No comments:

Post a Comment