Thursday 11 August 2022

Growing a Sunflower - Parc Eglos School Summer Holiday Project - update

 


As you know , my grand daughter and I have been growing a Sunflower from seed , for her school summer holiday project . 

The children have been asked to bring in a photo of their Sunflowers when they go back to school in September .

Well , whenever I have tried Sunflowers for my garden , the bunnykins always get in and munch on them .

So we have been growing this one in the greenhouse . I'm sure it must be the only one in Cornwall being grown in a greenhouse ! 

I couldn't risk anything happening to my grand daughter's Sunflower ! There would be big time tears !

Anyway , all is well and it hasn't gone through the roof ( yet )  but look , there is a big fat flower bud !


                              We can see her beautiful yellow petals inside .

No comments:

Post a Comment