Monday 1 August 2022

I - spy ......in the Cornish Hedgerow


 I spy with my little eye ....... this beautiful little creature . Do you know what it is ?

It's a Hummingbird Hawk Moth  , my favourite moth of all ! 

When hovering at top speed , it's wings seem to disappear and it looks to me like a little mouse, see my first picture ...but most often it resembles the sweet Humming Birds seen in America . 

Migrating from the South of France .

From now until the beginning of September we can see them hovering and taking nectar from flower to flower on our Cornish Hedges .  


Hummingbird Hawk Moth on Centranthus rubra also known as Valerian rubra .

I grab my camera and take as many photos as I can , hoping for some good ones .


It moves so fast .

It is hard to capture the fascinating little thing   🧡

                                            Sweetest little moth of all ! 

2 comments: