Sunday 21 August 2022

Tidying the Herb Garden and Greenhouse

 


I couldn't sleep last night . I have a lot on my mind . Tossing and turning . I finally threw myself out of bed at 4.30 am , got dressed , made myself a nice cuppa tea and went for a walk around the garden.

All the stuff for the new workshop and woodshed has arrived and the men will be coming to build it next week I think .

Anyway , so we are still in the process of emptying the old workshop and the rule is that if you are going past the workshop , then you have to take something out of there with you on the way .

So I grabbed a few more bits and walked on up, to put them into the small shed up by the greenhouse .


Deep in thought , I pulled up a nettle from the herb garden and the next thing I knew , I had filled this tub to overflowing ......

......and pulled the weeds from the cracks in the path ....

...... I carried on and filled the big pink wheelbarrow  !


Then I opened up the greenhouse and began a big tidy up of the Tomatoes , cucumbers and sweet peppers . They all did remarkably well in the greenhouse and I have been picking bowlfuls everyday , morning and evening . I have a ton of tomatoes in the freezer now and am very thankful .

They are now coming up to the tatty stage and I decided to really thin them out down to just the remaining few healthiest looking vines .


Still lots of green tomatoes coming .




Another large pile of withering leaves .


I have been quite ruthless . It means there is more space and light for the Sweet Peppers .

                                     Sweet Pointed Peppers from saved seed .

It has been so nice to work in the garden in more comfortable temperatures this morning .

Poached egg on cheese on marmite on toast and another nice cuppa tea .

Aching now but happy ....putting my feet up !  



4 comments:

  1. Such beautiful tomatoes - I think they are one of the loveliest sights of summer, I really do. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree and it has been a very good summer for them too . Starting to go over now though and I've been clearing them away in the shed this morning .Making space for growing some bush beans which are just beginning to germinate in there .

      Delete
  2. Then did you go back to bed?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol ! During the heatwave , I did get into the habit of having a nap in the afternoon beside a nice cooling fan .

      Delete