Thursday 4 April 2024

🐌Rain Rain Rain 🐌

 

       It just does not stop raining and there another two named storms on the way .

             However , it is not so cold now and the tree ferns are beginning to stir .


To protect them over winter , I cover the crowns with dry fern leaves , which I have to remember to remove before the birds begin nesting .

   The new fronds are beginning to push up . I think a bird nest might easily be thrown off .

                                        They are just so beautiful !  

                                     🌧️      They don't mind the rain     🌿                       

The bad news is that my lovely new greenhouse is leaking , all over the place ....I am so disappointed .

My old greenhouse was built by the same company , it stood for about 15 years and although it became rather rickety it only began to leak from one window in the last couple of years  and we do get some severe gales here . It did well to last that long really .

The new one was very expensive and my husband so kind to have a new one built for me.....I felt absolutely terrible telling him that it is leaking .

 He has now been in touch with them about this . So I hope they will come and fix it soon .


I really need it to be dry as I grow cacti in here . Cacti need to be kept dry .

Fortunately I haven't brought the whole cactus collection back in yet , they are still in our front porch .

I am about to pot up the tomatoes and cucumbers into their final tubs and put up the strings for them to climb around , I've spent a lot of my time sowing and getting ready for this vegetable growing season .


This is a puddle right in the middle of the greenhouse , so it is coming in from the roof apex . This has got to be fixed as in the winter the water will freeze and possibly crack the glass .
There are plants in the greenhouse all year round . 
I am so upset .


Oh .......and last night was the night of snails ! Did you notice ?  They are all coming out now !

                                                                🐌🐌🐌

4 comments:

  1. How disappointing for you to have leaks in your new greenhouse, at least it's only wet and not too cold, hopefully you will get it sorted soon, or a miracle could happen and the rain stops.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The rain has got to stop soon . 💐 It will be Flora Day in four/five weeks time . The children are already practicing their dancing . We need the sunshine to return ! 💐

      Delete
  2. so sorry for your disappointment with the leaky greenhouse, I follow your blog and know you have put so much effort into getting things ready for the growing season, you need that greenhouse! I hope the warranty will be honoured and they will repair quickly for you. Snails and slugs - I use coffee grinds, a lot of cafe's will give you a bag from their machine at the end of a day as they throw them away - hubby gets me loads and the slugs and snails stay clear wherever it is sprinkled. Betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there Betty 💐 Thanks for the great tip .

      Delete