Tuesday 23 April 2024

Butternut Squash Babies Potted Up

 


Look how they've grown ! I am going to pot them up now .  I could have put them one seed into each 3or 4" pot but this way I can get more of  them all onto the propagator . 

 You can sow them direct outside when the weather warms up , but I have more success doing mine this way .


It's amazing how in just three days they have germinated and made so many roots already .


Abracadabra ...... and they're done and now residing in the warmth of the greenhouse  , just until they've settled in . 

I won't be planting these out for quite some time yet , maybe the middle of May or so for us down here in the far south west of Cornwall .  Keeping a close eye on what the weather might be doing then though .

If you live further up country , you'd probably best wait until the end of May  .

 

It's a bit cloudy today and I'd be grateful for a passing shower or two to water in the onions sets, spring onions ,that I planted and the carrot and parsnip seeds that I sowed yesterday .

 The rain ceased as soon as our new guttering and water-butts were fitted up on the greenhouse and I'm back to carrying watering cans from the cottage all the way up to the vegetable garden . 

I have no idea where my husband  has hidden the hosepipe ....grrrrrr   I tried wheeling the cans up in the wheel barrow but it sloshes all over the place as I push it uphill . I will have to buy another two hoses.....I  have to connect two together to reach all the way up to the vegetable garden .

Everything I do in the garden right now is so hard on my back .

 Time for a flop and some hand cream .


Tomorrow's job is to pot up the Cucumbers Femspot and Beth Alpha  .  

How's it all going with you ?

                                        🌱🌿🌿🌤️

No comments:

Post a Comment