Tuesday 10 September 2024

Opuntia πŸŒ΅πŸ’š

 

While I was topping up the bird feeders yesterday ....thinking to myself what a disappointment this years window basket is this year . Those begonias were supposed to have been lovely big doubles .....I noticed an Opuntia cactus that I had just put there earlier in the year while the new greenhouse was being built .

(still waiting for the leaky window to be fixed .They promised to come and do it )

                           Opuntia ...can't remember the variety I've long lost the label .

I had forgotten all about it . It was never the most beautiful of plants . It has no spines....but be aware that it does have glochids !


But look ! It has a new leaf pad .....and what looks like a big fat bud coming !   


What should I do ?  Autumn is fast coming in now . Will it make it ? 

                Watch this space !

                                                  πŸŒΏπŸ’šπŸŒΏ

p.s The swallows are still swooping .

 

2 comments:

  1. I would bring it inside for the winter, it should be fine and continue to grow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bill , yes I may take it up to the greenhouse , but it might then lose the flower . We just need a couple more days of sunshine . I'm keeping an eye on the weather..the leaves are starting to tumble from the trees ! πŸπŸ‚πŸƒ..... eek !

      Delete