Saturday 14 September 2024

🌿Made a start !🌿

 



 I took all the bamboo canes down . The Hazel poles at each end have been up and held strong for two years and will now be broken up for kindling .
 I'll cut fresh hazel rods for next year . 


I have bundled them up 10 for the main Runner-bean frame and other bundles for teepees .
Tied up with the same shoe laces that I used to tie them onto the bean frame....in a simple bow..easy to pull undone and use again . 
These bundles make it easier for me to pull out again next year .
 These bundles will be hung up from ceiling of the shed .


Stopped for lunch . Came in with a last bundle of French beans and a few apples for Apple Cake .




This afternoon , I will carry on taking down the French bean X-Frame  . It is nice to be doing this job in the warm sunshine .
 If I left it another week or two , it could be a miserable job in the wind and the rain !

                                                       🌿☀️🌿 

No comments:

Post a Comment