Thursday 26 September 2024

Lovely Surprise ! πŸ’š

 

My friend had left a pair of wellies for me by the back door !

Thankyou ever so much Jessica πŸ’š

I think I had mentioned in a previous post about my leaking wellington boots and while clearing out her shed had found these which she thought might be my size and would I like them ?


Well , they are perfect ! And just as the wild Autumn weather is a coming in and I can put away my sandals .

                                            What is that ?

I can go explore the hedgerows and walk across the meadow without getting my feet wet . 


Oh ! No ! 


     "It's the Moon !" cried Chicken Licken . "The Moon has fallen down !" πŸ”


 What an extraordinary monster size mushroom/toadstool . Almost the size of a football ! 

I love this time of the year so much . Toadstools will be popping up everywhere , blackberries and apples , the fragrance of falling leaves .
We have had some  quite violent lightening storms here , which I'm not keen on but they didn't come with destructive winds this time .Heavy rain showers and more forecast  for this afternoon .
  Feeling sorry for those who are having to deal with flooding .
Also not keen on the spiders coming in . 


In the shed , my Winter Density Lettuces are doing amazingly well !






Very happy indeedy and will be picking a few leaves from each . Enough for the two of us !

I have sown some more , to keep them coming . Parris Island and er..what ever it says on the Franchi seed packet here .

They are germinating quickly now that it is cooler . I'll put some out side into the veg trug . The ones outside are coming along slowly .  🐌🐌🐌


I jumped to it and dug out the Musa ensete maurelli  - red banana plants . They are now in their polystryene lined corner of the woodshed . There is time for them to get their roots down into the nice fresh compost before going almost dormant for the winter months .


Musa basjoo is the more hardy one , but mine are just babies and so I've brought them in too . I am surprised at the big powerful roots that are coming through the bottom of the pot .....I may re-pot them , depends if I can find some cheapo compost .


Leaking greenhouse update - the Greenhouse builder big boss came round to look at it .



Can see the sky where the top window isn't fitted properly and where the rain is coming in the whole length of the window .



I can't move my cactus collection back in until it is fixed as they really need the greenhouse to be dry .
I will also have to move out all the plants that are in there presently ....all my Epiphyllums and oh my goodness the big dangerous Opuntias ...I'll have to move them out again . Sigh and we are going into the more serious Autumnal weather period now . 🌡🌡🌡
He said he'd give me plenty of warning.  "You give me time , I'll give you time " he said .


 He says that they are going to replace to whole of one side of the greenhouse roof together with the window . We just have to wait for one of his men to return from his holiday .


So I am really relieved about that . At least I know it's going to be sorted .


                        ...and ....I am in love with Autumn πŸπŸƒπŸ‚πŸ§‘

1 comment:

  1. It's great news you will have your greenhouse sorted finally, sad you have to empty it again. I have wellies but I never wear them.

    ReplyDelete