Saturday 26 November 2022

Picking Kale in the Gale !

 


                       Picking kale in the gale !  It's blowy here today .


                         Sprouts too for Christmas  .


Things are still going in the shed ...not a very good pic .....


.....but over at the back of the bench , the courgettes are still flowering and some with fruit coming .


                                    I cut that one . It;s a beauty !


My lettuces are the long leafed Romaine ones .  I was thinking that they have grown a bit elongated and the reason why has only just come to my mind . I had forgotten to fix up the foil survival blanket . 

Also on my to do list - dig up the remaining potatoes that I hadn't been able to take because of the huge wasp nest near by . Wasp nest has now gone very quiet .

There are also a couple of nice parsnips that I need to take up . They can wait for a little while longer .

The weather is rainy and windy , but not too extreme . Hopefully it will bring down the rest of the leaves that I want to use for mulching . 


 This afternoon I am sitting by the fire doing some sewing . 



I make miniature patchwork quilts for antique dolls house dolls . Sometimes the dolls help me !


                                                           It's very calming .

Usually this is calming for me , but not long ago I had my handbag stolen while at the dentist. I had packed it full of some of my miniature dolls house patchwork quilt stuff ,books, scissors , needles and fabric scraps and other tiny precious needlework items . I suffer with PTSD . I took it to do , while nervously waiting in the waiting room to calm my nerves . It was a little leather Fat Face bag . Nothing really worth very much in it and I don't think there was any money in it , but  , sigh , the whole thing really , really upset me . Actually the scissors were precious to me for the memories they held   . Yes , I was very upset at the thought that someone could do that .  

PTSD turned this "being upset" into stomach churning " grieving "  .

So now when I sit down to do my calming patchwork , horrible thoughts and feelings come back to me and I can't do it . So I'm trying to do some embroidery instead . 

If you haven't had PTSD then you will have no idea in a million years how cruel it is and I doubt anyone could explain it to you .  Sending a great big hug to you out there if you have it .

Anyway ....... phew...hard talking about it too ! Don't worry , I don't talk about it very often .


  I topped up the bird feeders . 


Enjoyed watching my Blackbird taking a splash . On such a cold rainy day too !


                 He didn't seem to care .


I look out to watch the birds on the feeding station outside my kitchen window while I'm doing the washing up .


He had a feast on the fat-balls after his bath . Goodness me he goes through these fat-balls ! 

I haven't seen the Squirrels for ages now . I hope they come back soon, they give me so much joy !

I hope no one has been cruel .


A charm of Gold-finches came to delight me on the Evening Primrose seed pods .


That's all for now  . Hope you're having a nice weekend . love Debbie x


1 comment:

  1. So sorry that some low life caused so much upset. You have done well with your courgettes though.

    ReplyDelete