Monday 14 November 2022

Remembrance Sunday continued - Afternoon

 

Sunday afternoon and I'm back in my happy place of calm . Only I haven't been up here for a few days and everything needs a good sorting out . 


 I cut a huge bowlful of mixed salad leaves . They smell so good !


I was going to throw out the two big Courgette plants , but they surprised me once again , I find them still flowering and producing fruits .


So I tidied them up , cutting off all the tatty or leaves with the mosaic virus thing(which doesn't affect the fruit ) to let in more light . I gave them a feed and some water .


I cleaned the windows , wiping away all the moisture , mould and murk . It is very humid in this part of the world . This is definitely letting in more light now . Much better !


I moved them along towards the middle of the window and raised the trailing plants up on an upturned seed tray .


They look much  happier now and I'll keep them going as long as they keep producing .


And I too feel happier . 


Meanwhile,  my man ...he cut the grass .


The ornamental garden is looking great  . . . well I think so anyway !

 More wild weather is on the way apparently . The Dahlias are next on my list of things to sort out , they are still flowering but looking untidy now after the gales . I have moved one under cover. Some we will just mulch over . Others in pots to be taken undercover but the builder man has to come back to fix the leaking roof of the new woodshed before I can do this .


I decided to wrap the outside tap and if you are living further upcountry , I recommend you do this soon . To prevent burst pipes. I just use a couple of pieces of bubble-wrap and tie it around with ribbon .


I have a couple of water-buts around the place from which to draw water if I need it  and there are bowls and a bird bath for my beautiful wild animal friends to drink from .


                                I bring in some kindling for the fire .


                               I bagged up my mixed salad leaves .


There were blue skies here in Mullion all day ! Such a lovely day . Thankful for everything .


Oh ..there was just one more job to be done .


                         Done .



2 comments:

  1. Wow - you were busy. It's looking great now. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou Joy , yes happy busy and so glad to fix Santa Teddy and get him back to my little Grand daughter 🎅🏻🐻

      Delete