Sunday 6 November 2022

Blustery Autumn walking in Cornwall


                                  It's been a day of sunshine and showers .

We drove over to Falmouth and were delighted to see a couple of Choughs at Pendennis Point .

I managed to sneak up on them and take lots of pictures , I got quite close up to them , they were too busy plucking grubs out of the grassy bank to notice me .


I followed them about for about fifteen minutes before they took off . 

We haven't seen Choughs in this location before . I wonder where they have come from ? They are not ringed , so maybe young ones from the Lizard Point or Mullion . We have had some very wild weather this week . Maybe they have been driven in here by the gales  .

                                Lovely rock pools at Pendennis Point .

Enjoyed watching the waves and looking in the rock pools .

Then back to beautiful Mullion , where we had a lovely walk across the cliffs .


We watched the squalls coming in .


The ground squelching beneath our feet .


Did a bit of toadstool hunting (not to eat !). I had seen a beautiful "shaggy ink cap " Toadstool a couple of days ago but didn't have my camera with me . I was hoping to find it again today and take some pics of it , but no luck ...sigh  .


Not sure what these are  ? Beautiful and they fascinate me .


I'm no expert and would not risk eating any of them, even these that look very similar to the ones I buy from the supermarket .

Saw the Kestrel hovering up high . Too high to get a good pic of him .

                                          So here's one I took on another day .


I had wanted to get down onto the beach but then we saw the sky turn very dark .


So we ran back to the car and got home just in time !




The garden is looking lovely and lush again .
 Hope you enjoyed a few pics from our Sunday walk . 
   Hugs Debbie x

4 comments:

  1. I've never seen a chough. I'd never eat any fungus growing wild either, I haven't a clue when it comes to identifying anything other than fly agaric.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You will see Choughs around the coast and cliffs here in Cornwall , famously at the Lizard . I think I'm correct in saying that Wales has them too .

      Delete
  2. Great set of pictures. Thanks for sharing them.

    ReplyDelete