Tuesday 1 November 2022

As far as I can see ....

 


As far as I can see , there has been no serious damage to anyone's roof or property down in our little valley after this storm .

It actually was forecast by the way ...I had not been paying much attention to the weather forecast yesterday . 

It is still raining and thundering as I am writing this . I think it's going to rain pretty much all day .


We had the usual muddy stream gushing down the lane . 

My old greenhouse has a couple of puddles , but is still standing .

The new woodshed has puddles inside and the water-but has broken . It's base cracked and buckled causing the water-but to fall over and now the lid doesn't fit because of the dent in the barrel . I know that on the grander scale of things this is just a small thing....and it can all be fixed ( though not by me )..and no one got hurt ...it can be replaced ..but you know , water-buts and guttering and pipes are not cheap... I'm just feeling so upset about this today .

It's still raining ..... hmmph .....


6 comments:

  1. It blew here all night, our garden is OK, next doors summer furniture is all piles against their fence. It's still blowing and raining here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you are all o.k.Poppy . Yep , we just had a terrific hail shower . I think there is more to come !

      Delete
  2. ((( hugs )). It's been POK here - some heavy showers and a strong wind at time but nothing damaging. I hope nothing else happens. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What's POK mean Joy ? lol ! I'm a bit behind the times with abbreviated messaging thingys . Anyway yes ..we have another yellow weather warning for this afternoon and tomorrow. More wind and rain . Batten down the hatches ! 🌧🌦⛈

      Delete
  3. Thankfully this storm didn't head our way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank-goodness for that ! Fortunately the ground dries out fairly quickly here .

      Delete