Thursday 9 May 2024

🌿Tomato plants in the Greenhouse 🌿


 Up early , to work in the garden while it is still nice and cool .

It was hot yesterday and looks to be another warm day today . Look how fast the grass is growing now up in the meadow !


I was admiring the Giant Echiums . Usually they are biannual but these have waited a third year to bloom . I leave the old flowered stems to go to seed and then pull up the seedlings to replant where I want them , except they usually pop up and grow best where they choose to be rather than where I'd like them to be .....anyway ,  I can't see any just yet .


There was a Woodpecker feasting on insects that it must be finding on these old dead Echium stems .




 He worked his way all the way up to the top .


                                        Then flew off . 

Back to work  , I  brought the Courgettes and Butternuts out to begin acclimatising them . I'll put them back in tonight and repeat this for a few more days before planting them out .

 I think I might actually wait a couple more weeks before planting them out . Let them get stronger .


I potted up another nine Tomato plants . These are Tomato "Roma"  a nice plum shaped one .


Tomato "Roma" under the greenhouse bench .


Tomato "Alicante" and Tomato" Supersweet 100 F1" are beginning to grow up through the greenhouse bench and I am fixing up string for the vines to twine around .

(🌿 TinkleWinkleMossWhistleNoggin the Good 🌿)


So that's that job done ...tomorrow I will sort out the string supports for the cucumbers .


And these are all my spares . hmmm ......will have a think about these over a nice cup of tea .

                                                        🌿🌱🌿🌱🌿🌱🌿


                   







No comments:

Post a Comment