Wednesday 22 May 2024

☀️Another Blisteringly Hot Day 😎 Celery Sweetcorn Beans in 🌿

 

Up early ...stood for ages thinking . I need to plant out my leeks ....but before I plant out the leeks , I need to fix chicken wire around this bed and before I fix chicken wire around this bed , I need to clear off all the posts and cardboard  ....


It is so hot . I decided to plant out the Sweetcorn , celery and another pot of Runner beans .


I have planted most of them in amongst the Butternut Squash .


The pig-wire is for the butternuts to climb over . I might plant some dwarf beans in here later on .


The Butternuts are still very pale looking from the rubbish compost I started the seeds off in , but I'm hoping that when we get some proper rain , it might solve that problem . I have sprinkled some  Miracle- Gro around which should also help .


                                    Next up .... celery . 


As you can see , none of the Beetroot germinated , very disappointing . I will get this lot in the ground and maybe try again .


You can hardly see them , maybe I should've waited for them to get a bit bigger . 


 Poor little things ! Once again I am hoping for a drop of rain to settle them in . Celery really prefers moist soil .


Everything is looking better after being watered .


There is the sound of tractors cutting the long grass in the fields all around us . It is attracting the Buzzards and a couple of  Red Kites .


Now don't laugh ! My camera was playing up  !


    It's just not fair ! That Red Kite has something in it's beak .......camera says "no" aaagh !


                     I expect our meadow will also be cut soon . 


My thoughts turn back to the Leeks .


 But it's too hot now . That will be my job for tomorrow .


I'm going to have a flop in the summerhouse with my embroidery and a good book .


                                     Flower of the day  🌿🦋🐝

No comments:

Post a Comment