Monday 5 February 2024

February seeds update - they're up ! 🌱🌱🌱

 

 I couldn't believe my eyes this morning , to see all my seeds germinating already !

          Sweet Peppers sown on the 13 January. Cucumbers sown on 1 February .

                    Also sown on the 1st February  .

Alicante Tomatoes lagging behind somewhat but I can see them just breaking the surface of the compost . Tomatoes F1Supersweet 100 all geminated .

                 And thousands of joyful Calendula babies ! I am SO happy !  

I need to get on with tidying the shed window bench and get sowing lettuces and leeks  .

The sky is gloomy grey and mizzle ......and I don't feel like tidying the shed . 

There is snow on the way up country , here , we'll just get more grey skies , mizzle and rain .

              🌧️🌧️🌧️🌧️🌧️🌧️🌧️🌧️🌧️🌧️🌧️🌧️🌧️🌧️🌧️🌧️🌧️🌧️🌧️🌧️

5 comments:

  1. I'm hoping no snow falls on us. Those seedlings could do with some sunshine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They certainly could do with some sunshine . I probably will have to plant the tomatoes deeper when I come to pricking them out . Gawd ! I better the pots ready ! March will be here before we know it ! We're already a week into February !

      Delete
  2. I meant to say " I'd better get the pots ready ! " 🌱🌱🌱

    ReplyDelete
  3. that's impressive, I don't usually sow this early but am spurred on by your success! Betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was advised to sow the Sweet Peppers earlier than the other things as they take a long time to ripen the fruits .

      Delete