Tuesday 13 February 2024

Meanwhile in the potting shed ...

 

I took the seedlings up to the shed to make a start pricking out and potting on .

                                Cucumbers Femspot .


Tomatoes Alicante and F1 Supersweet100 I did those yesterday and thought they'd all be dead by the morning ...but they all look fine  ! The Sweet Peppers "Corno di Toro Rosso"  will be going back onto my bedroom windowsill  for a little bit longer .


Dahlia tubers that I ordered arrived yesterday .  One of these was badly broken up . There were seven loose tubers in the bag , these won't grow as they have no stem .  I contacted the company sending them a message and photo of this and the person I spoke to was quite unhelpful  saying that they are packed by machine that sometimes breaks them up . She told me that even if there was only one or two tubers attached to the main stem , that I would get a plant from it . There were only a couple attached to the main stem . The thing is it won't be as good a plant as it would be with all of those tubers had still been attached ...it kind of obvious isn't it ? Why put those loose and useless tubers in the bag ?!  She told me to contact them again if it doesn't grow . 

I am so disappointed , they were expensive . I have bought from them before and they have been excellent . Not this time .


We're having a new fence and so I had to dig up a clump of rhubarb that was growing under and through the middle of the old fence . Probably the wrong time to do this but had no choice . Now I have to think about where to re-plant it . 


Sweet Peppers "Corno di Toro Rosso" back on the windowsill till they are a little bit bigger . 


The sun tried to come out through the mist but failed . Walking across the cliff fields , it was so nice to meet up with friends and play ball with their dogs  .

 I have fleece ready to throw over the seedlings in the shed if it should turn cold . It is misty and mild at the moment .

            That's all for now ! 

                        🍋🍋🍋 Got to go and do some pancakes  !  🍋🍋🍋


1 comment:

  1. I'm just about ready to start a few seeds, but my tomatoes I will buy plants, I only need 2, so it's cheaper than seeds, I get them early as they are in the garden centres and grow them on.

    ReplyDelete