Friday 16 February 2024

Getting a New Greenhouse Soon ! 🌿🌺🌡🐌

 

                                     Where have all the Epiphyllums gone ? !

Well , I'm getting a new greenhouse soon ,as this one is falling to pieces . Spent most of the day moving out cacti and succulents .

I need to repot most of them , but only had time to give them a quick tidy up with my scissors . Then into the wheelbarrow and down to the the front porch .

I managed to take out the big scary ones down at the back of the greenhouse . Opuntias and one huge Esposta ( I think it is ) I need to renew all their labels too .





                       Leuchtenbergia principis 🌿


                                 Euphorbia stellata 🌿


I managed to squirrel most of the Epies into the porch ...the big dangerous Opuntias in the far corner .

There's still space to squeeze a few more little cactus sweeties in here .


There are two shelves up above and a couple of hooks for hanging baskets . They should be o.k up there while the old greenhouse is being taken down and until the new one is built .

The new one is going to be the same size and style as the old one ( even though I could easily fill one three times the size ! ) πŸ™πŸ»I did try begging for a bigger one ,πŸ’°πŸ’° but funds would not stretch to that and really ..... I am grateful truly for the new one that is coming . 🀍🌿


It's been a lovely sunny day here and I am so pleased to have got this ..well ..almost done .

I will carry on with it tomorrow . πŸ’šπŸŒ΅πŸ’šπŸŒΏ

3 comments:

  1. How exciting to have a new greenhouse, I adore mine every day of the year. it's all ready for me to start my seeds in a couple of weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How exciting maybe you can extend at a later date

    ReplyDelete
  3. will be wonderful to have a new greenhouse, my friend has just treated herself, she has such a tiny garden it leaves only about 6 feet surrounding it but looks worth it as she can grow things all year round! At our allotment I have asked if an old 6 foot high/30 feet long, abandoned cold tunnel frame could be adapted to make a communal greenhouse for us to share - they are considering it's potential :)

    ReplyDelete